08 October 2006

Christian? Charity?

This hymn has never been performed. It was inspired by one too many after-sermon coffees with the extremely self-satisfied...

Over There

In a land across the sea,
People dwell in misery.
For their plight I deeply care;
They are safely Over There.

As I drive to work each day,
I pass a homeless  man, each way.
I give him all I can spare -
He is also Over There.

Over There, Over There
Look at me, how much I care!
I'm so loving and so fair,
As long as you stay Over There.

My downstairs neighbor's very sad;
She's all alone, and times are bad.
But if I help when none can see,
No-one can admire me!

She came to church the other day;
I looked at her and turned away.
If I help in her distress,
Who on earth would that impress?

Over There, Over There
Look at me! See how I care!
I'm so loving, I'm so fair
But damn your hide.... STAY OVER THERE!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Love it also would like to share a poem I wrote and hope you don't mind?

Narcissistic for a Day
By James

I woke one day, in a terrible way
Short with my children and not caring for their needs in anyway
Not talking with my wife, oh what a pig she is
She is always that way
Not seeing how special I am in every way

Getting ready for work, thinking how they don’t see me, oh the
wonderful me! Why, should I care about them in any oh way!

Going to work, I saw people who are fools
Just like tools that I can use and use
Not seeing how special and great I am and will always be
These objects are just for my fun and wants for whatever I need.

At work, I talked with Andy, oh what a fool he can be
taken my position that was promise to me
Why can’t Andy see, that it was meant for me
I’m so special, not like Andy can ever be

I came home oh, what a horrible day for me
Why can’t they see the wonderful me
I cussed at my children, so selfish they can be
My wife I told her I don’t need you and don’t
want you with me
You are just a pig, not special like me

The room got dark and numbest surrounded me
No feeling of love or caring for me
No one would talk or look at me
Oh, dear God what is happening to me

Awoke in a sweat wanting someone to hold me
Oh, what a horrible dream that happen to me
A Nightmare no no not a dream at all
A Nightmare it had to be!

How horrible it must be
To be a narcissistic being in everyway and everyday
Oh no that’s not for me in any oh way

No, I love my children who are so
Special to me in their own special way
My wife so sweet and so kind to my children and me
Loving and special to us in all and each one in their own way
Oh no dear Lord, that’s not for me in any oh way
A narcissistic person I can never be not even for a day

23 June, 2009 10:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home